Monday, August 15, 2011

Bird Language, Anyone understand?

I regularly feed the birds in our garden. Today, I was out in the garden doing some chores and one of ths blackbirds came out and was trying to communicate something to me. I know this from its eye contact and he has maintained this for a while. He hopped onto the bird bath (beside it is one of the spots for food) and looked at me and gave a constant faint chirp. He turned around to show me his back and seemed to be showing it's wings although he only fluttered them a little bit and turned back round to look at me, he then disappeared back into the trees. I carried on with what I had to be doing, but he came out again to get my attention with his faint chirping and seem to be pecking at the bath bowl of water rather than the spot where the food is usually left. What is he trying to tell me? More food? More water? (The water is a bit murky at the moment, so i'm uming it may be this) - does anyone else understand what the bird is trying to say? Any advice much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment