Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Catholics: Is it moral to sell religious items for a profit? ?

I have always had some artistic talent. Lately I've been considering making religious art and/ or little knick-knacks to put around the home (tiles with a Chi-Ro emblem, engravings with quotes from saints, etc) as a way to make extra money. I only want to make things that other people can benefit from in a meaningful way, and I plan to give a good part of any profit I've made (at least 10%, probably much more) to charity. I'm a fairly religious person, so it's not as if I'm just putting on a phony smile and ''being a good Catholic'' to sell this stuff. Still, would it be moral to sell religious items for a profit? The only reason I haven't already started is because of the story of Jesus in the temple with the moneychangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment